Monday, November 2, 2009

Noodle soup quest part one

My wife and I have been on a Pho quest recently with plans to continue for some time.

(Due to some recent changes we have decided to rename this a noodle soup quest instead of a Pho quest)

We make the pasta and stock from scratch, then eat until both are gone and redesign one or both for the next run.

So far we have 2 pasta recipes tried, 2 more on deck and 1 stock with another on deck for later today or tomorrow.

If you ideas for hand made (no electric machines available yet) pasta or stock either link or write them in the comments please :) If you are logged in you can send me an email as well.

I/we will post back here with our thoughts after we have made any that pass her "sounds good to me" test. I eat anything but citrus that does not eat me first at least once.

Last stock was 2lb pig and 2lb beef feet, 3lb ox tails and 2 pounds of marrow, 1 dozen whole cloves, ground cinnamon, soy sauce, brown sugar, etc. (recipe posted later when I have typed it up from my scribbled notes).

Pasta tried so far was a simple pirogi dough left-overs made into noodles with our hand roller, a simple wheat pasta, and the last of the packaged noodles in the house of various types.

We do not care if it is vegetarian, vegan, or meat laden. We have no specific ingredients to be avoided EXCEPT Citrus (lemons, limes, oranges, grapefruits, etc.) as I am deathly allergic to them.

So let the Asian style noodle soup recipes and ideas flow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment